Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> Here is the page from Tel Aviv University:****
>
> ** **
>
> http://www.tau.ac.il/~supercon/****
>
> ** **
>
> It is likely that the white disc is a composite sandwich of materials which
> is mostly (90%) merely a thermal insulator - possibly a white cloth or foam
> of some kind holding a 'supply' of LN for an extended time of operation.

I thought it was solid nitrogen. I thought the person asking questions
referred to it as "liquid nitrogen" out of force of habit, but he meant
"solid." I have seen solids which were referred to as nitrogen, looking like
dry ice (solid CO2).

Wikipedia sez:

"Liquid nitrogen can easily be converted to the solid by placing it in a
vacuum chamber pumped by a rotary vacuum pump. Liquid nitrogen freezes at 63
K (-210 °C; -346 °F)."