My two cents:

I don't doubt most of Jed's assessments and the subsequent concerns he
has voiced concerning Rossi's approach. Some of the issues that have
made this so frustrating for most of us has been the fact that (one)
we really don't know what's going on, and (two) who is this allegedly
well-know known company that Rossi has constantly alluded to.

My interpretation of the pending "demo" would suggest, at least to me,
that the 1 MW prototype is just that: Nothing more than a really BIG
prototype. IOW, it's actually not ready for commercial industrial
applications - at least not the current incarnation that we've seen
photos and videos of. ...the point being: It appears not to have been
thoroughly tested, and as such, is too dangerous.

This has often lead me to speculate that what Rossi is actually trying
to do is prove to prospective investor(s) that his ambitious 1 MW
"prototype" could be commercialized if he could just get enough
investors to sign on the bottom line and commit additional R&D
funding. While I continue to wish Ross & Co. the best of luck it would
probably be prudent for prospective investors to observe the prototype
 from a safe distance when he flips the switch.

Which brings me to additional "speculation" - just what the hell is
DGT up to? The rumor that seems to be going around these days is that
DGT plans to perform some kind of a "demo" in November. Please correct
me if I am in error on this point. When compared to Rossi, DGT has
certainly behaved more like what one would expect from a corporation
pursuing a secret development program. They give stingy carefully
parsed press announcements - just enough wording that hopefully won't
be responsible for generating unwanted rumors and baseless
speculation. That certainly has not been Rossi's approach! ;-) I
suspect that what DGT eventually unveils to the public will turn out
to be significantly smaller in scale and ambition than Rossi's
megawatt monstrosity.

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com