Hi,

On 1-11-2011 22:27, Jed Rothwell wrote:
It does not look mature to me. Obviously you can use modules in this method but I think that is a wacky way to build a megawatt scale reactor. It has way too many individual modules and pipes, and way too many things that can go wrong and will go wrong. Many small cells integrated into a larger device would be better.

Yes, this takes a lot of effort and time but that's just the power and essence of modularity, think small and put small modules that work well together to build large systems and achieve huge results. This is also how really large computer systems are designed and build. This is due to the fact that there is a limit to what technically can be achieved with single components and parts because of the constraints of the laws of physics and then you need to follow a different approach such as by designing and building for going in parallel. I have seen this years ago with capacity of digital transmission via light passing through optic fibers. The only way that Lucent's Bell Labs was able to tackle this problem and achieve higher capacity through their optic fibers was, by multiplexing light signals with a technique called DWDM (Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing).

Therefore in my opinion Rossi has understood the concept of modularity perfectly well.

Kind regards,

MoB