Am 04.11.2011 14:56, schrieb Jed Rothwell:
Someone pointed out to me that when Lewan made the video, the valve leading to the condensate bucket was closed. It must have been open before that, because there was condensate in the bucket. Based on how toy steam engines work, I suppose that pipe had a great deal of water and condensate in it at first, before the entire machine heated up. I suppose they drained the line. When it cleared and only steam came out, they closed the valve. That is the usual method.

Rossi, when asked, explained in his forum the valve was left open always according to an agreement with the customer.
He said the video was made after the test was stopped.

So you must be misinformed ;-)

Nonsense of course. If it is left open steam leaks out and the condensate cannot been measured.
Your method is reasonable.
Rossi is overworked and unable to explain the simplest facts correctly.