Yes I have read that. But first I plan to try to duplicate the 1998 Focardi cell as closely as I can. I have emailed Focardi and asked for the dimensions of the cell and construction material and informed him I plan to replicate. I'm just a power system engineer and not a physicists, so I do hope he replies. If not I'll guess at the rod dimensions, see what I can get that is close and work from there.

After that I will try fine / nano Ni powder baked at 500 deg C in a hard vacuum as Rossi and other have suggested, that is if I can find someone to do that as my workshop / lab can't do that kind of high temperature processing.

Any suggestions for a source of nano Ni powder?