mateo
November 13th, 2011 at 12:55 AM

Oops, posted my question too fast. I see your answer was:

“The power generator had a power of 300 kW: it has been used not only to power
the resistances of the reactors before they arrived to the self sustaining
mode, but also to power the accessory electric motors: the water pumps and the
heat dissipators and this is the reason why the power generator has been turned
on also during the self sustained mode of the reactors.”

I still question why you would use such a loud generator to power pumps for
5hrs when it could be done silently by plugging into the building’s electrical
outlet? Leaving the generator on for this purpose seems like an unlikely choice
to me.

Andrea Rossi
November 13th, 2011 at 2:54 AM

Dear Mateo: The genset had to power the resistances of the reactors, during the
non self sustained mode, AND the electric motors of the water pumps and the
heat dissipators. It would have been illogic to put 2 power generators, one for
the electric motors and one for the resistances, so we have taken one for all.
Of course, the power of the power-generator was regulated on the base of the
energy consumed. All this has been necessary because in the workshop where we
made the test there is only a small power from the grid, because it is not used
normally for high power consuming duties. Useless to add that the person who
made the test for the Customer has checked carefully also the power consumed
from the power generator. By the way: this person is an engineer who has spent
his life testing thermal systems in military concerns, and has been chosen for
his specific experience in thermodynamics. Warm Regards, A.R.

Andrea Rossi
November 13th, 2011 at 9:37 AM

Dear Pietro F: We use English to be globally understood and not to be confined
. About your question if the 1 MW plant is in operation yet: not yet, it will
take a couple of more weeks to set up the plant on the proper site. Warm
Regards, A.R.