Stephen A. Lawrence <sa...@pobox.com> wrote:

> As far as I know, Rossi has never said how he controls the device.

I do not recall that he has ever described this. A lot of people think it
is by heating up the powder. That does not make a lot of sense to me.

> He's said -- or implied -- that he has some amount of control over it . . .

There is no doubt he has control over it. I think any other cold fusion
cell would have been so unstable, it would blown up, the way Mizuno's did.
Only with 10 or 100 times more force. Mizuno's explosion drove a shard of
glass deep into his throat, and deafened him and the other person who was
in the room for hours. A larger explosion with a metal cell like Rossi's
would have blown their heads off.

I do not think his control was very good back in February during the 18
hour test, when the temperature went skyhigh. People say Rossi looked
frightened when that happened. I would have been terrified. Rossi has guts.

> . . . and he's said that use of the electric heater is necessary for
> control.  But if he's ever described exactly how the heater is used to make
> it go -- or stop -- I missed it.  He starts it by heating it up, but after
> that .... ?  He's also said something to the effect that the cells can't be
> "throttled" . . .

Yup. Kind of vague. Maybe some misdirection? He has no obligation to tell
anyone. It is not in his interest to tell anyone.

What he needs, and what the rest of the world needs, is for him to get a
patent. The sooner the better.