At 12:53 PM 11/16/2011, James Bowery wrote:
The Ni Curie temperature may explain it.  The core temperature is what I am thinking about when I talk about the "coincidence" (understanding that we don't have direct read-outs from it).  So if it is some sort of ferromagnetic transition phenomenon, then the close proximity to 100C of Ni's Curie temperature is, indeed, a coincidence/serendipity.

Now, the question is:  Are we dealing with a ferromagnetic transition phenomenon???

Kim : http://www.physics.purdue.edu/people/faculty/yekim/BECNF-Ni-Hydrogen.pdf
specifically thinks it's the Curie temp.

His other papers referenced from that one are at : http://www.physics.purdue.edu/people/faculty/yekim.shtml