On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 10:20 AM, David Roberson <dlrober...@aol.com> wrote:

> This post is completely out of touch with reality.  Who has ever claimed
> anything about dry steam and Rossi's device at 90 C?  Why not discuss the
> real world instead of dreamland?

I did discuss reality. I said it is implausible from thermodynamics that
the power transfer can increase 8-fold in a matter of minutes, as Rossi
claims, if the first-fold power increase takes 2 hours.

Then I was told that implausible thermodynamics don't matter because Rossi
is introducing a new phenomenon.

So then to test whether they really believed that suggestion, I proposed an
even more thermodynamically  implausible scenario, and asked if they would
accept that implausibility if Rossi claimed it, because Rossi is
introducing a new phenomenon.

That's an analogy.

All of us, except, as you say, those in dreamland, would reject the notion
that water would boil at 90C at atmosphere, just because the heat comes
from a Rossiaction.

The idea that an 8-fold increase in the power transfer requires an 8-fold
increase in the temperature difference between the water and the heating
element is a less obvious thermodynamic concept. But it is nevertheless
just as true. So, just because the heat comes from a Rossiaction, it
remains implausible that the power transfer could increase that fast.