Am 01.12.2011 21:44, schrieb Terry Blanton:
On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 3:05 PM, Peter Heckert<peter.heck...@arcor.de>  wrote:

I think, they mean the "Wilson chamber" (aka nebula chamber).
Obviously their translator has no clue about technics and physics.
Ah!  aka "cloud chamber"!  Yes, we made those in high school physics
using supersaturated alcohol.

Yes, I did not know the proper english word. The german word is "Nebelkammer".
The latin word for "chamber" is "camera". Probably the same in italian.
We nowadays say "camera" for a photographic apparatus, but this is an abbreviation for "camera obscura".

If a translator does not now the scientific and technical language, then he is easily confused ;-)

Peter