>From Jed:

>> It has been a conservative business strategy that has worked very well for
>> BG. Nevertheless, I lament the fact that BG appears to have rarely shown
>> much backbone towards exploring and subsequently exploiting
>> unproven/cutting edge technologies such as those purported from Rossi. . .
>
> I do not think that is fair to Gates. That is not what he does for a living.
> That is not his forte. A person should know his own strengths. As the
> expression goes: "The cobbler should stick to his last." Do what you are
> good at, and leave other jobs to other people.
>
> A person such as Gates or I is fundamentally uncreative and incapable of
> coming up with new ideas, yet we can make valuable contributions. We can
> recognize talent and good ideas in other people.

I was wondering if someone would come to BG's defense.

Of course, Jed, I agree. I was only wishing BG had the ability to see
something new on the horizon, something potentially innovative -
something he could take advantage of.

As dirty Harry was famous for saying:

"A good man always has to know his limitations."

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com
www.zazzle.com/orionworks