<peter.heck...@arcor.de> wrote:

> It is necessary to think about unexpected effects:
> It is clear, in Rossis setup there was a thermal flow and an unwanted
>  temperature difference close to the thermoelement.
> If the steam inlet was 100 degree and the water outlet was 20 degree then
> inbetween in the middle symmetry point the temperature MUST be (100+20)/2 =
> 60 degrees. This is simple to see from the symmetry.

That is incorrect. See:

http://lenr-canr.org/RossiData/Houkes%20Oct%206%20Calculation%20of%20influence%20of%20Tin%20on%20Tout.xlsx

I did some tests last night with a flexible hot water pipe tied to a cold
water pipe, under insulation, with the sensor on the outside of the hot
water pipe. Tying the two together and putting them under the insulation
had no measurable effect on the surface temperature. The only thing that
affects the temperature is the hot water flowing through the pipe.