On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 1:20 PM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you trust there was water flowing thorough at the rate reported by
> Rossi, then replace 4 L every 15 minutes as I originally suggested:

This seems wrong. The pump is rated at 12L/h, and at the end of the run the
rate is doubled, according to Lewan. So it was at most 6 L/h, not 16 as you
claim. But Lewan actually measured the output rate to be about 3.5 L/h, and
we have no evidence that the input rate was any higher than that.

> This will make it cool to room temperature in ~40 min., the way the
> original did.

I don't understand where you get this. At 19:08, the hydrogen pressure was
eliminated, and the input flow increased, and then it cooled from 117C to
105C by 19:52 (44 minutes later). That's 12 degrees in 44 minutes. Not 100C
in 40 minutes. You seem to be making stuff up.

> Obviously there was *some* water going out, because otherwise the heat
> exchanger would not have gotten hot. Nothing would have reached it. But if
> you sincerely believe this flow was only a few liters per hour then don't
> bother simulating it.

Lewan reported measuring the outflow to be 0.91 g/s or about 3.3 L/hr. Why
would he lie?