On Dec 17, 2011, at 10:53 AM, Mark Iverson-ZeroPoint wrote:

How does one explain the observation that the energy involved with
interactions of electrons is a million times less than nuclear interactions, and yet the 'electric' charges are 'equal' (and opposite). I would argue that there is no 'electric charge'; charge cannot be separated from the e or
p 'objects'.

I think this is primarily a matter of the *range* of the interactions.

If you look at the deflated states you can see the electron involved has a mass similar to that of the nucleating particle, be it proton, deuteron, or quark. The physical parameters of these states are shown in approximate form here:

http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/FusionSpreadDualRel.pdf
http://mtaonline.net/~hheffner/DeflateP1.pdf
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/FusionUpQuark.pdf

I had hoped to develop a more accurate and dynamic model, with compensation for the distribution of charge in the particle wavefunction, but this has been on a back burner for some years now.

At close range extremely high velocities and relativistic gammas are involved. For example, the proton mass to electron mass ratio is given as 1.06983, and its gamma is 2.62791e+4. Further, the presence of an electron in a Ni nucleus diminishes its electro-magnetic field mass-energy by MeV levels.

Another consideration may be that a large portion of the binding energy of a nucleus can be shown to be due to the Casimir force. This is an electromagnetic effect, and one not fully appraised in typical models of the nucleus I think.

Best regards,

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/