Robert Leguillon <robert.leguil...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> My confidence level would be much lower if they were not producing
> near-term timetables.

Me too.

I like the fact they are making near-term timetables and I also like the
fact that they keep missing those timetables. I'm not joking. A real
startup company hustles to make deals. It sets impossible deadlines. It
misses the deadlines. Things are late. If things get to be too late, you
run out of cash and the company fails.

If they had set a timetable back in June and they had met it on time I
would suspect they are fake. It never goes smoothly.

I was amazed that Rossi managed to pull off his 1 MW demo. I am pretty sure
it was real. The fact that it was only half a megawatt made it much more
believable.

I heard somewhere that Rossi made hundreds of reactors of one design, and
then tossed them out (or scavenged them) and made hundreds more of another
design, floundering around. This too makes me think he must be for real.
True or apocryphal, this is what I would expect from him. Try something
quick. If it doesn't work, try something else. Go, go, go! That is one way
to accomplish great things, if you don't accidentally kill yourself.

This is how Edison did things while setting up the first factories to make
incandescent lights and generators. He would build a bunch of cables or
bulbs that did not work, frantically toss them out, and build another
batch. Anything to stay ahead of the creditors. Typically for him, he
increased the chaos and failure rate by hiring a bunch of children
and Bowery bums for the production line, and using some alcohol derivative
chemicals for one stage of the manufacturing. He ended up with a factory
staffed by inebriated old geezers and 10-year-old kids. This chaotic mess
evolved into . . . General Electric.

I do not know if it was that venture or another, but one of Edison's
factory managers complained: "Our present staff of juveniles are
excessively stupid. All of them combined have not as much common sense as
would be required to keep a ton of pig iron from floating out to sea in a
calm."

Just because you a genius that does not mean you know how to run a company.