-----Original Message-----
From: Roarty, Francis X

> I have to consider a reaction that only occurs in extreme relativistic
warp induced by suppression of larger virtual particles - the resulting
radiation would have to likewise translate from this extreme warp back to
normal space before we could detect it and therefore be downshifted.

Fran

OK - but go deeper: even if that happens, there should exist remnant
transmuted products of the reaction (isotopic ash) which is still
radioactive for an extended period. None has been documented. At the very
least there should be a shift in isotope ratio - none has been documented.

The Reifenschweiler effect is a good example of the problem of suggesting
that radiation can be substantially blocked. In fact in Reifenschweiler only
about 25% of the expected radiation from tritium seems to be missing, and
the rest is still evident, yet we suspect the same kind of confinement
dynamics are at work.

How could Rossi be completely different in "shieldability", especially using
a reaction that should have higher energy spectrum than tritium (if real
fusion is the source)? Let's go back to the conservation of miracles. We do
not want to be required to justify one miracle with another, and especially
not if the second miracle is more difficult to defend.

The implication of Reifenschweiler for Rossi is most likely that there
CANNOT exist the kind of nuclear reaction (fusion or even beta decay) that
produces significant gammas (primary, secondary or bremsstrahlung) since a
substantial percentage would be documented. Remember that tritium has about
the lowest energy spectrum of any radioactive isotope and still 3/4 of it
shows up, despite the cavity confinement. Yes, it could be shielded by lead,
but where is the proof of unshielded radiation in Rossi? Ask Bianchini -
there is none.

The conclusion: we must seek to identify, or in today's early stage: to
suggest - the kind of reactions where the expected energy spectrum is at
least in below beta decay range but with NO expected transmutation product.
Thus the Mills' reaction is a candidate.

All that I am seeking to do this year is to put another candidate reaction
into the record. Perhaps by early next year, funding will allow researchers
to eliminate the candidates- one-by-one.

To be honest, a version of Mills' miracle (redundant ground states) may be
more likely to be the best bet for now, especially with the addition of
Casimir confinement - and with less down-side baggage than the one I am
suggesting (tapping into non-quark nuclear mass) but the problem with Mills,
for explaining Rossi's results, is that it seems to be not energetic enough.

Mills specifically claims about a 200:1 ratio of usable excess energy per
atom, compared to combustion of hydrogen. Rossi is an order of magnitude
higher (at least).

Jones