+1

Make me think about Patton, that make the Normandy debarkation succeed, but
nearly make it fail because of his lack of professionalism.
Same for Churchill, who was dangerous in peace but invaluable in war.

sometime you need pathologic personalities to make a breakthrough of fight
hard time...
most often you need more stable people...
this is why in big Corp. you should build a nest of braindamaged (call that
the real R&D dept ), insulated (with a lead and concrete wall) from the
Corp. but todays R&D (if it has survived the restructuring) is simply good
engineers with a stable brain (like Defkalion), who follow consensus and
proved facts...

I can talk of that because I have moved from one to the other...

with all love, respect  and thanks to the brain-damaged guys and girls that
make our world what it is, with fire, agriculture, electricity, mechanic,
nuke, cars, oil, trains and LENR.

anyway, all is a question of proportion...
as someone cite to me
"don't be so *open minded* that your brains *fall* out"
I also repeat often, be moderate with moderation.