Jay: I suggest you set your e-mail parameters so that responses on Vortex
do not go to you directly.

Jay Caplan <uniqueprodu...@comcast.net> wrote:

**
> No, there may be a point being missed here, but that point concerns the
> BATTERIES needed for the scheme mentioned below. They are expensive.

They are getting a lot cheaper with hybrid cars such as the Prius, Prius
plug-in, and Volt. These cars cost around $32,000. That is not a gigantic
premium, yet they include the cost of the batteries. A cold fusion hybrid
would probably not need as many batteries as the Prius plug-in or Volt.
Just enough to bring the turbine up to full output. If that could be done
in 6 minutes, or ~8 miles at highway speed, then you could use one-forth of
the batteries in the the Volt. If the turbine came to full power in one
minute, you would hardly need more batteries than a standard non-plug in
Prius, $22,000. Toyota is not selling those cars at a loss. A replacement
battery pack for a standard Prius costs $2,500 retail and is guaranteed for
150,000 miles. That is not a significant expense.

There is no reason to think that a cold fusion hybrid would be more
expensive than a Volt. A Volt that never used any fuel and never had to be
plugged in would save you money. It would be worth the extra cost. It would
be worth it to many people even if the cost of gasoline fell to
$0.50. That's all you need to know to make the comparison.