PESN had the following to say concerning the latest info on Rossi's
attempt to get adequate patent protection:

http://pesn.com/2012/02/02/9602025_E-Cat_Weekly_February2/

* Patents

- On January 17, 2012, T.O. wrote: "I have a very good friend, that is
high ranking, in the patent office and he said he would check where
the application is in the process."

- On January 31, 2012, T.O. wrote: "I found out today that the E-Cat
patent is through the security section and now is in a cue to be
assigned to a Patent Examiner. My friend thought that at current
workflow that it should be done by the end of the year. Of course
things could change. He could not say if it would be approved or
denied."
When this was forwarded to Andrea Rossi on Feb. 2, he responded:
Dear Sterling, we know.
Warm Regards,
A.

I assume Rossi is referring to his attempts to get adequate USA patent
protection. At first glance what Rossi seems to be saying here does
not strike me as terribly encouraging news. It's sounds so iffy to me.
What would stop the USPO from denying Rossi's patent application as
just another one of those infernal CF contraptions for which patent
researchers were presumably told to discard? Or worse, what's to stop
them from simply placing Rossi's application on-hold, perhaps because
a new memo just came down the pipeline instructing that all new "CF"
related applications be placed in a special folder where someone
higher up in the food chain will deal with the matter - later. Much
later.

Comments?

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson