<http://blog.newenergytimes.com/author/sbkrivit/>
 *Smith Offers $1 Million Prize for Successful E-Cat
Demo*<http://blog.newenergytimes.com/2012/02/14/smith-offers-1-million-prize-for-successful-e-cat-demo/>

by *Steven B. Krivit* <http://blog.newenergytimes.com/author/sbkrivit/>

*From:* Margot Egan [on behalf of Dick Smith]
*Sent:* Tuesday, 14 February 2012 12:51 PM
*To:* Andrea Rossi Re. E-CAT
*Subject:* from Dick Smith in Australia Re. U.S. One Million Dollars for
Successful Re-Testing of E-CAT

*To: Andrea Rossi**
From: Dick Smith*

Dear Mr Rossi

*Re:  USD1,000,000 for Successful Repeat of E-CAT Demonstration*

Dick Smith is my name.  I am writing to you from Sydney, Australia.
Possibly the best information in relation to my background is on Wikipedia
- see *HERE* <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Smith_%28entrepreneur%29>.

Some time ago I was contacted by Mr Sol Millin of the Byron New Energy
Trust.  Mr Millin has had extensive communication with you.   Mr Millin
communicated the advantages of your ECAT unit in relation to energy and how
it had the potential to solve the world’s energy problems.  Mr Millin said
that he had your authority to act on your behalf in relation to an
agreement for the Australian “rights” to your invention.

After some discussion, I agreed that I would invest AUD200,000 provided
that evidence could be shown that the unit actually worked as claimed.

There has been a lot of to’ing-and-fro’ing since then, with Mr Millin
claiming that he has provided me with the evidence and with my insistence
that this is not the case.

At one stage Mr Millin even sent me an email (attached) threatening to sue
me for one-hundred-million-dollars if I did not proceed with sending him my
AUD200,000.

As Mr Millin and I do not seem to be getting anywhere on this issue, I have
determined a way that we could possibly break this nexus, i.e. I would like
to offer you USD1,000,000 for a successful repeat of the March 29, 2011
demonstration.

One million US dollars will be made out to you as a Bank cheque or will be
held in an escrow account if you desire.  I do not want to know how the
unit operates, nor to have a share in the profits from any sales.  My
satisfaction will come from knowing that if the unit is successful, then
some of the world’s greatest problems – especially in relation to climate
change – will be solved.

I point out that over the last few decades my wife and I have donated  many
millions of dollars to scientific research, much of it without any
immediate results.  We have not complained about this.

My offer is very simple, which I will restate:  I ask you to repeat the
March 29, 2011 demonstration purported to show that your E-CAT unit had an
output power of many times the input power through LENR (low energy nuclear
reactions).

As the sole judges as to whether this can be repeated correctly, I suggest
we use the two Swedish scientists, Kullander and Essen, as they attended
the March 2011 demonstration and wrote a report.  I would be happy to cover
any reasonable cost of having them flying to Italy to attend the repeat of
the demonstration.  They can then check the wires (because, as you know,
there have been claims that the wiring may have been misconnected) and also
the power output of the unit in relation to both the heated water and the
steam.

I would be happy, with Kullander and Essen as the sole judges as to whether
the unit has the power output you have claimed, to hand you an irrevocable
Bank cheque for USD1,000,000 made out in your name if the demonstration is
successfully completed.  If Kullander and Essen are not available, I am
happy to agree with you on two other individuals of similar expertise to
attend the new demonstration as the judges.  I am sure we can come to an
agreement as to who would be suitable and independent.  It would also be
necessary to have a third person - who you and I can agree on - to assist
with the type of measuring equipment and its accuracy so there are no
doubts that the scientific community will accept the results.

I understand the 29 March 2011 demonstration took place over a period of
more than six hours and showed a power multiplication of approximately ten
times.  To make the demonstration test even fairer, I would be happy if the
demonstration to qualify for the assignment of the USD1,000,000 were
reduced to a five-hour period and with a power multiplication ratio of at
least eight times. This will make it very much easier for you to qualify
for the USD1,000,000,  As far as I am concerned, eight times’ power
multiplication through LENRs will solve the world’s power problems for the
future.

Mr Rossi, I believe the advantage of my offer is that you can show the
sceptics (I am presently one of them) that the unit actually works as you
have claimed.  I notice that you have had other investors offering very
large amounts of money, and I can understand your concern in relation to
this.  My offer is USD1,000,000 without any conditions attached at all in
relation to where you will spend the money.  You can use it for further
research - perhaps to re-purchase your house or even donate some of the
money to charity.

Well, there it is.  It’s quite simple.  Successfully replicate the
demonstration showing the power gain from LENRs of March 29, 2011 with the
two Swedish scientists, Kullander and Essen (or two other individuals we
agree on), and USD1,000,000 will be yours.

Also, of course, you will receive attention from around the world and a
well-deserved Nobel Laureate.  I will consider I have had value for my
money as the person who actually proves that your unit works (or doesn’t) –
an issue which will be resolved for all time.

My offer is open for you to accept until *close of business Monday 20
February 2012*.
I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully
Dick Smith