From: Harry Veeder <hveeder...@gmail.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Wed, Feb 15, 2012 4:37 pm
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Dust Fusion claim by George Egely

If it is iron, and not just magnetic carbon, it should also rust. Where is his
rust test? ;-)

Harry

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 3:32 PM, OrionWorks - Steven V Johnson
<svj.orionwo...@gmail.com> wrote:

I gather Mr. Egely is claiming he is actually transmuting graphite
(carbon) into iron with the use of a microwave oven.. And lets just
forget about how much radiation that must generate as carbon nucleus
are fused into iron nucleus. To prove his conjecture he uses a magnet
to show that his newly created "iron" now shows magnetic properties...
I gather that as far as Mr. Egely is concerned he must be fuzing
carbon and making iron cuz everyone noz that graphite has no magnetic
properties.

Truth be known, I myself had forgotten about the fact that under
certain unique conditions carbon can display magnetic properties, that
is until Jones once again brought the link to my attention. Thanks for
the link, Jones.

Well intentioned (if not a little naive) mistakes and
misinterpretations like the one apparently made by Mr. Egely can
nevertheless point us all to even greater discoveries with profound
ramifications, particularly if we are willing to let go to the initial
misinterpretations our egos assigned to the phenomenon. Fact is, newly
discovered phenomenon is often misinterpreted, at least initially.
Those who understand this personal aspect are less inclined to take
their initial misinterpretations personally. Then, the real
discoveries can proceed unhindered by past prejudice.

As has already been speculated by others, it would surprise me that as
nanotechnology matures carbon based magnetic materials may eventually
turn out to possess crucial industrial applications that may surpass
the need to use expensive rare-earth magnets that are currently in
use.

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com