Hi,
[snip]
>IOW, since Pb is heavy and does not normally have 60% of the energy of coal,
>our leap of faith in this example, is that the Bedini style of back-EMF
>pulsing on the reactants is able to derive chemical energy in a new way, but
>still using only valence electrons - so really we are more concerned on the
>bottom line with its actual mass than anything else. As long as net energy
>extraction does not exceed normal chemistry as epitomized by hydrocarbon
>combustion, then we are technically not invoking overunity, or LENR.
>
>Coal has about 870 W-hr per pound when combusted. We are thus imagining that
>lead when used in this new way has about 522 W-hr per pound. This battery
>has about 6 pounds of reactants and if fully extracted, its (hypothetical)
>energy would then be about  3.2 kWhrs IF this new method gives us 60% of the
>energy of a 6 pound mass of coal.
[snip]
An atom of Lead is about 17 times heavier than an atom of carbon, so for it to
have 60% of the energy density, it would need to produce about 10 times the
energy per atom that carbon produces. Since carbon produces about 4 eV / atom,
when combined with oxygen to create CO2, the implication is that the lead would
need to produce about 40 eV / atom. I think that's a bit of stretch, don't you?

(Coincidentally, this about equal to the first shrinkage level Hydrino energy.
;)
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk