Photosynthesis is actually a fairly inefficient process. 20GWh of sunlight
on a hectare of land over a year might yield 30MWh of Wheat (8,000kg).

But if we have cheap power we can make a reasonable proportion of animal
feeds from CO2 and Water using chemical processing (simple
glycerol, triglycerides) with relatively high efficiency and low costs.  We
can then breed algae and animals to make better use of
those artificial foods to make oils, meat, possibly eggs and diary products
for us to eat (fish like salmon are already very efficient converters -
1.1kg feed per kg of fish) while using far less agricultural input.

This would probably make a lot of well-fed westerners very angry, but would
be a nice way to reduce human population pressures on the world.