Problem fixed! I had to write-enable a folder. You would think the
documentation would say this. I should enable them all but I do not think
there is a way to do this through the cPanel.

A shout-out to Miroslaw Wydra for assistance with this.

I think I will add a few features such as Search Publications and make this
the main library screen. I can keep the other legacy version around too.

If anyone wants to see some other search or sort method please let me know.
MySQL is a piece of cake.

Actually, Quick Search in the Detail tab does just about everything you
need.

I find this more handy than a Google search. Fewer false positives.

(There is one other bug I know about but cannot fix: the Abstract is not
set for HTML. It goes off the screen to right if you set that attribute. I
need to add a bunch of <br> codes to the string, to manually limit line
length.)