From: Jed Rothwell [mailto:jedrothw...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 7:48 AM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: [Vo]:Wordpress mockup of LENR-CANR.org

See:

http://lenr-canr.org/wordpress/

What do people here think?

I honestly do not see any advantage to this compared to old-fashioned HTML
screens, but maybe I should give it a chance.

This took an hour to produce. It is easy to work with, I will grant.

Some of the pages and links here are functional. Hold the cursor over
"Special Collections." Select "Special Collections" (or click here):

http://lenr-canr.org/wordpress/?page_id=57

And try clicking on "BARC Studies in Cold Fusion"

Note that on this screen I removed the Google search and "Recent Posts" from
the left side. I think I can put back something like a menu of special
collections on the left side, instead of "Recent Posts." Or if the section
is too long I can put a list of headlines there, which would be a good idea
in the section "A look at experiments."

The LIBRARY menu item goes to the new library screens.

In the News section, I set the number of news items to 3, so the arrow
appears at the bottom saying "Older posts." In a real system I suppose I
would set it to 10 or 20.

This is a rudimentary, no-frills theme. There are thousands more available,
ranging from bad to atrocious. See, for example:

http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/

They all waste a lot of screen space. Most of them feature distracting and
gratuitous graphics.

I can instantly insert one of these other themes to change the overall
appearance.