----- Original Message -----
> a) Lead -- but I can't find any reports of Lead in LENR (except in the
> solder on the terminals).

Turns out Lead-Hydrogen is ... interesting :

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0378436381908883
Localized modes of oscillation in hydrogen and deuterium doped lead

    * B.W. Nedrud∗,  D.M. Ginsberg

    * a Department of Physics and Materials Research Laboratory 1110 West Green
Street USA
    * b University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Urbana, IL 61801 USA

We have measured the tunneling characteristics of quench-condensed films of
pure Pb, hydrogen-doped Pb, and deuterium- doped Pb. We have determined phonon
spectra to fit the electronic densities of states calculated from our data. The
phonon spectra for Pb/H and Pb/D exhibit additional phonon peaks which we
associate with a localized mode (or modes) of the impurity. The magnitudes of
the peaks indicate that this mode is strongly coupled to the electronic system.

http://www.mendeley.com/research/isotopic-exchange-between-hydrogen-deuterium-process-permeating-through-li017pb083/

 Fusion Engineering and Design (2010)
Volume: 85, Issue: 7-9, Pages: 1225-1228

The permeation process of hydrogen isotopes through Li0.17Pb0.83 has been
investigated experimentally. We obtained the overall D permeation rates that
take into consideration of the effects of the H-D isotopic exchange reaction on
the surface and diffusion in the Li-Pb layer. It was proved that the
rate-determining step was not the surface reaction but the diffusion in the
Li-Pb bulk.