noone noone <thesteornpa...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Possibility #2 -- A copy cat of Rossi's technology, using his intellectual
> property without permission. (This would be a horrible tragedy.)

Nonsense. Companies use technology all the time without permission. This
would not be a horrible tragedy; it would be an economic windfall for a
bunch of lawyers. There would be negotiations and possibly trials.
Eventually Defkalion would pay Rossi a large sum of money, the way they
originally intended to do.

In situations like this, sales continue normally while the lawyers battled
it out. People buying the equipment would never know there is a legal
battle going on unless they read the business section of the newspapers.

All important technology always escapes from the inventor. That is why we
have patents. If there is a problem here, it is because either the Patent
Office has failed to do their job, or Rossi has not submitted a properly
written patent. His previous patents looked invalid to me.