Steven .. I have used the following software for years .. They allow me to
design and maintain many small web sites.  Might be worth a look.  -DonW-

Web Design:

http://www.xara.com/us/products/designer/

http://www.lauyan.com/en/tw-home/index.html

http://www.dbqwikedit.com/

Making SlideShows with Photos and Movies:

http://www.wnsoft.com/picturestoexe/

http://www.magix.com/ca/photostory-on-cd-dvd/deluxe/

Photo Editing:

http://www.acdsee.com/en/products/acdsee-pro-5