that is a rule that I've learn in professional training about innovation.
inovators are:
- foreigners in their domain (other country, culture, industry, diploma,
speciality). so they understand that the things can be different from what
it is in their company/industry/domain...
- they gave a network of similar people with whom they can share and
maintain their strange vision
- they are resilient. they keep their ideas despite critics. their networks
help much. they are not afraid to crash, and will crash.