In fusion both hot and cold, I have come to believe that neutrons are at
the root of all evil.

LeClair needs to remove neutron production from his process. This is done
by eliminating the collision of the cavitation micro-jet against the
sacrificial surface.

LeClair provides a sacrificial aluminum sheet to electrostatically attract
the micro-jet which includes the water clusters.

I believe that the micro-jet is hitting the surface to fast and to hard. I
also believe that that speed can be reduced by lowering the induced
negative charge on the sacrificial surface. On metal, charge can easily
move. This maximized induced charge maximizes crystal speed. Using aluminum
makes the LeClair reaction too intense.

By providing a less electrostatically reactive surface where electrons are
less mobile; say a plastic, carbon-fiber or a hard rubber, the speed of the
micro-jet can be slowed  or reduced the collisional force responsible for
the neutron producing collusions and the associated endothermically
transmuted elements over the atomic weight of iron.

LeClair states that 80% of the reaction comes from water/crystal collisions
and 20% form crystal/surface collisions.

Through the selection of the proper sacrificial material, the micro-jet
speed can be adjusted lower.

As in the Rossi type reactor where there is no high speed crystal
collisions involved, if the transmutation of water can be restricted to
carbon, the neutrons would go away, transuranic element production would
stop, and the LeClair reactor would be made commercially acceptable.

Cheers:  Axil