Taylor diffusion means that diffusion is affected by Coriolis forces and
thus moves in circles and effectively reduces radial diffusion in rotation
fluids. Do not mistake this for Taylor dispersion which is an effect
which increases diffusion.

Since heat flow is a kind of diffused heat I wonder if it also is affected
by Taylor diffusion. The heat motion is definitely affected
by Coriolis forces.

How could this be analyzed?

It seems to have some strange consequences in regard to entropy. It seems
like entropy doesn't increase as much when rotating but that seems also
versy counterintuitive and it seems like a too easy trick to lower increase
of entropy. Common reasoning implies that the process is requiring energy
which is usually the case to lower entropy increase.

Help me solve this. I have always found entropy to be a strange and weak
concept. Or maybe the total entropy changes Taylor diffusion and Taylor
dispersion balances each other?

David

David Jonsson, Sweden, phone callto:+46703000370