On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 6:41 AM, David Roberson <dlrober...@aol.com> wrote:

Jed I am afraid that it will be easier for the vested interests to oppose
> cold fusion.  They will scare the public by equating cold fusion devices
> with nuclear reactors emphasizing the radiation aspects. I hope that logic
> will prevail and that LENR units will become widespread despite the
> opposition.

Agreed.  I can only imagine that the gammas and X-rays are a major achilles
heal for any plans to sell on the mass market.

Perhaps those countries that best prevent vested interests from mounting a
legal attack along these lines will advance the most quickly in developing
a manufacturing base.  A mitigating factor here is that the devices are
something that you can get working in your garage, at least at a basic
level.  Manufacturing is as global as it gets, so you could design a device
and then perhaps have it manufactured in the Seychelles, or in Brazil,
possibly providing a way around legal campaigns that pay lip service to the
public good but couldn't have it further from mind.

Eric