Thanks for this reference. I thought lock in was also present in a optical
fiber gyroscope or any type. Now I realize that the differences are big
between different types of interferometers. Are you sure it is not involved
in other types?

What do you base your conclusion on that it isn't involved in the
MM-interferometer?

David