This is more a language problem that a technical one.

Initial hypothesis on LENR were mostly trying to know how to overcome
coulomb barrier, to allow the nuclear fusion.

WL, Fisher, Kozima hypothesis assume playing with neutrons...

let's say that you plan to invade a castle and make the canon powder
explode.

some say :
blast the door by mass attack, cannon ball, or pass through my magic, or
get smaller than a mouse, then get to the powder store....

some like WL just say, blast a food delivery driver, and get into as if you
bring food... then got to the powder room...

of course the main story is to make powder explode (strong force).
you can find tricks to get through the door (screening, hydrino, resonance,
tunnel), but some find that using someone that can pass the coulomb door
quietly as a troyan, is a good idea.
of course stealing the food card ask for violence (endothermic), but a
different one from pure blasting... let call that weak interaction with the
cart driver.

also many way to blast or control the driver...

and at the end, the energy produced is by gunpowder.