  From: Axil Axil
  To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
  Sent: Saturday, August 04, 2012 10:19 AM
  Subject: Re: [Vo]:Transhumanism (Was:The Fallacies of Darwinian Evolution -
Basic Definitions)

  In the Bible, God does leave specific commandments against interspecies
breeding. A man laying with a beast (cow, goat, etc) is automatically stoned to
death. God has ordained that a species remain within the bounds of his own
species. Hence, it is clear that any attempt to transcend a species by genetic
engineering would be a violation of this directive, whether a natural process
or an artificial process is used.

  Going back to the Bible for moral guidance is a stretch.

  The operative phrase is “Commandments against intersperses breeding”. Genetic
engineering is not sexual breeding. It is a software operation were
sub-elements of genetic code are fabricated from 4 bottles of chemicals, then
these sub-elements are assembled  by software into progressively larger units
until the entire genome is built.

  How can simple chemistry procedure be a sin?