The issue of communicating information about cold fusion is compounded by the digital environment in which "no communication is possible" a la Jean Baudrillard and Bob Neveritt.

In no future world-line (that I can visualize) will the public be reading science papers on lenr.org; I don't see many journalists reading them either. They are for the few, the proud, the chosen,...

Despite the massive typing that goes on each day, "words" are not the dominant form of communication. Words are too "puny" compared to the huge networks that move data on a planetary-scale. It is "macroscopic gesticulation".

We need images; pictures that describe; animations that explain.

We need to communicate the /reality/ of this energy-producing reaction, and that it is safe and clean, through image.

Jed is right. There is a HUGE untapped mountain of support for this technology. I am on the street talking to people about it on a regular basis.

But the CF community is not communicating this science in a way that is easily consumed, and the public, needs it to be easy, or .... that's it.

The popularity of WLT is IMHO not due to the actual process proposed, but the way in which the authors presented their ideas using graphics and easily consumed slides. It is simply easy-to-understand what they are saying.

I ask, I beg, I beseech, anyone who has the ability, the capability, or the skills, to begin making pictures, computer animations: start modeling now.
I wish I did.

If you are a scientist or engineer, go to your local digital art institute and propose a project for art students modeling scientific processes. Go to your local university digital art department and propose a collaboration project. Help artists learn what to model, and we can have a communication tool that will go far beyond word-language.

"Communication of the new is a miracle, but not impossible." - Marshall McLuhan.

--
Ruby Carat

r...@coldfusionnow.org <mailto:r...@coldfusionnow.org>
United States 1-707-616-4894