From: Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Wed, Aug 8, 2012 2:54 pm
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Financial Gurus and the Apple Effect

Ron Kita wrote:

I read Woz and  most recently  I-Woz,  and major corporations         dismissed
Apple on several

accounts.  I think it was an HP executive who said that        "there is no
market for

a personal computer".

    I think that was the head of DEC.

    Wozniak offered HP the IP to the apple, because he designed it while
working for them. They said no thanks, you can have it. Woz had    nothing but
good things to say about HP is his autobiography. The    company has a
reputation for being nice to employees, and fair.    Perhaps they
underestimated the market but my guess is they also    wanted to give a
20-something engineer a chance to succeed on his    own.