Because Vortex-l was mentioned and linked to by people commenting at various
websites in the last year, we have many new minds in the Collective.. that's
good!  Due to its very purpose of discussing the fringes of science and
technology, it has at least looked under every stone, and in some cases may
have even turned the stone over and poked around in the dirt!  It's archives
are completely open, and can be searched here:

   http://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=vortex-l@eskimo.com
<http://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=vortex-l@eskimo.com&a=1> &a=1

Or if you want you can download them; just scroll down until you get to them
here..

   http://amasci.com/weird/wvort.html

For example, if one does a search for 'Papp', one gets 110 hits going back
to 2005:

http://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=vortex-l@eskimo.com
<http://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=vortex-l@eskimo.com&a=1&from=&subject=
&haswords=Papp&notwords=&datewithin=1d&date=&order=datenewest&start=100>
&a=1&from=&subject=&haswords=Papp&notwords=&datewithin=1d&date=&order=datene
west&start=100

And Papp has been around since at least the mid-80s, and I'm sure that he
was discussed at length prior to 2005, but apparently the web-interface can
only search back to '05.  One would need to search the downloadable archives
for further messages.

So please make use of the Collective's long-term memory if you want to know
more about a topic.

-Mark