Hi,
[snip]

>The self sustaining mode that we refer to is generally considered a positive
>feedback system.  Unfortunately, when the gain becomes infinity the output
>becomes unstable.  In that case, it is either rising toward some high
>temperature point that eventually reaches a stop or falling back toward low
>temperature which would not further our cause very much.  The high point might
>actually damage the device and stop the LENR effects.

You can prevent these problems by starving the device of fuel. I.e. control the
fuel supply rate such that it doesn't get a chance to self destruct, while still
running with positive feedback. When this is done, you can operate the device at
any desired temperature. That fact makes me suspect that this is what Rossi is
currently doing with the help of NI.

Note the IC engines also run with positive feedback. The burn or "explosion"
which takes place in the cylinder has positive feedback. A local increase in
temperature ignites surrounding gas, which then rises in temperature, igniting
even more gas etc. etc.
The overall power output of the engine is regulated by controlling the rate at
which fuel (and air) is supplied.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk