In some points, the internal temperature of the cylinder reached 1200° C. This
measurement,which had not been previously scheduled, was performed with a
thermometer with laser  pointer; some difficulties were caused by the required
distance of at least 1 m from the heat source, and the need to converge and
stabilize the beam on the entry hole. Values ranged from 1100° C to 1200° C,
and were seen to increase from the entrance of the hole to the center of the
cylinder