Alan J Fletcher <a...@well.com> wrote:

> I warned them in Talk that there was a wired article :   17:52
> Edited the lede :  18:18
> Deleted :             18:20
>
> 2 minutes!!!

That's hysterical.

I suppose Wikipedia has some kind of alert system to tell people a document
has been changed, so it is not like they watching in real time. Still, they
need to get a life!

This is why I say trying to reform Wikipedia is a waste of time.

Anyway, the Internet is finite but unbounded so we can prevail without
Wikipedia. We don't need to "win all the Internets" -- as the mod
expression goes. We need a barrel of m-o-n-e-y for R&D. We don't need every
mass media news outlet. I think there is more money coming in. I sense
things are loosening up. The dam is starting to crack.

Regarding that analogy, of a dam starting to break, I may have mentioned
this here before . . .

*Spoiler Alert*

This clip from the movie "Force 10 From Navarone" shows how I hope things
will work out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxYur1sqnK4

This is the end of the movie, so it is a plot spoiler.