Accumulated alpha particles from radioactive decay collecting in gas
trapping rock formations.  Basically a non-renewable resource after we have
worked through available supplies of shale gas.

Helium can be extracted from the atmosphere - about 5ppm, but will probably
cost ~$5000/kg.  Nuclear reactors make a relatively tiny amount, but may be
useful when we run out.  As this is not really going to be a problem for
100's to 1000's of year yet, we can probably economically scoop-mining
Saturn or Jupiter with a fusion powered tanker, though it will cost a lot
more than current prices.

For a lot of cryogenic applications Hydrogen (14K melting temp) or Neon
(24k melting temp) can be used instead of Helium, particularly as high temp
superconductors are more widely adopted.  For lift gases we will have to
use hydrogen, methane or neon (renewable from atmosphere) instead.  Neon
would be fine for party balloons, will cost a few dollars per balloon, and
won't leak away as quickly, so not really much worse than Helium.

I doubt it is worthwhile anyone investing in large scale bulk storage of
Helium as speculative investment.  Though if LENR replaces Natural Gas then
cheap Helium will run out much sooner.