Dave, appreciate Your approach,

hope crowd-intelligence gets some traction and Chuck keeps on commenting.

I think Your hands-on first-order approach is the way to go, until a promising
effect shows.

From a metrological point-of-view the situation is quite nifty, because there
are several current paths (eg. metal + electrolyte) and dirt effects (unstable
connections, temperature-effects ), plus chemical changes (black/green
deposits)  that are at work, which have to be separated and analyzed, which is
not an easy task.

One step out of the first order would be to have the assembly and materials
more precisely defined (eg no 'Borax' from Wal-Mart, plus reproducible
instrumentation), which can be costly.

Maybe You or somebody should establish a crowdfunding-pledge, after the first
order looks promising.
I would happily contribute with money and ideas.

It would be a good thing if You put up a dimensioned sketch/image of Your
setup, whatever it is, and do'nt feel embarrassed by it's whatever primitivity.

All the best
Guenter

 Von: David Roberson <dlrober...@aol.com>

Terry, this is not a scientific quality measurement, but a quick dirty amateur
test so settle down.