Hi Chuck,

My experiment has ended for today with my power supply blowing out.  I
think my last test was not a good test of the nickel vs copper.  I was
using what looks like a chrome plated alligator type clip as the anode in
both.  I can see where that could have been a problem as well as I don't
know what it was plated with.  Also, I think it's not a good idea to use
the same power supply for two cells as it seems more current may flow one
direction than the other?  I didn't use any W in the copper cathode cell
(only in the one with the nickels).

Now here's the really curious thing.  In the copper cell, the 10 ml of
borax is gone.  I tried to mix it in at the beginning, but it just settled
back to the bottom.  Some kind of chemistry was taking place.  Perhaps
producing boric acid?  Some of it also appears to have collected in/on the
anode.

I'm using two small measuring glasses (150 ml capacity filled to 110 ml).
 Before the power supply blew after 3 1/2 hrs the copper cell hit 129.7F
and the nickel cell was at 79.1.  The nickel cell peaked out at 92.1 after
1 hour and slowly dropped.  I think it was a current flow problem as those
results for the nickel cell were not consistent with my first run.

Also, for anyone trying to replicate should head the following.  If you use
a cooking thermometer, do not leave it in the cell while you are running
the experiment.  I did this with my first one, and it permanently altered
the readout making it 20F too high because of some deposit on the metal
that could not be removed.

Jack