>From Jed:

> ... and in this case [Krivit] he publishes an e-mail from Featherstone to
> himself . . .
> all of which is bad form.
>
> As the British say, it is not on. (They used to say that.) Meaning it isn't
> done in polite society.

According to Krivit, this is what Featherstone asked him:

*********************

"I came across your site while researching a feature story about 'cold
fusion,' or LENR as it were, and Andrea Rossi in particular. I'm new
to the subject of cold fusion, so it's been quite an uphill battle
separating fact from fiction. Especially with material found on the
web, most of which appears to be fiction. Your skepticism about
Rossi's claims, while not rare, seems more informed than most and
certainly well-documented. In fact, I’ve ordered your book and plan to
read it ASAP. I’m just getting started on the reporting, but my editor
wants the story as soon as possible. At the moment, I haven't
contacted Rossi, but plan to do so soon, in order to arrange an
interview. Before I talk to him, I’d love to get your take on Rossi ­
I’m aware that you’ve probably said everything you need to say on your
site, but I’m hoping that you can help me cut quickly through the
detritus -- as well as the whole field of “cold fusion” research.
Thanks, and keep up the good work!"

*************************

I assume Featherstone is referring to Krivit's publication: "The
rebirth of Cold Fusion". Incidentally, I'm quoted in Krivit's book,
ever so briefly - as an interested bystander. Vortex chatter. This
was, of course before Krivit decided to excuse himself from the
Collective where he demanded that Mr. Rothwell apologize to him for...
oh, I don't know for what reason, nor do I care.

My 20 minutes of fame.

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com