Jeff Berkowitz <pdx...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Rossi, Rossi, Rossi. I'm afraid this current wave of interest is not
> going to end well.

I do not see it as a problem. I think Rossi has done a world of good for
the field. There are two ways he might lead to success on a grand scale:

Rossi himself might yet pull off something remarkable. Never underestimate
him. His hot cat might be real for all anyone knows.

I think his work redirected people's attention back to Ni-H systems. This
may have helped Celani. It may have brought Celani's work to the attention
of others, including perhaps NI. That in turn, led to the Martin
Fleischmann Memorial project. And if THAT project succeeds we are home
free. It is the best opportunity in history to bring cold fusion out of the
Shadowlands into the bright light of the Promised Land. By that I mean
funding.

I think that concerns about Rossi being a fraud are overstated. I think
there is little chance of that. Everyone knows he is a blowhard who often
says things which are not true, but that has no bearing on his fundamental
technical claims. Just ignore everything he says about his business.