From: Jed Rothwell [jedrothw...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2012 3:37 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Your cellphone could actually be doing more personal harm
than previously thought

David Roberson wrote:

No one has ever proved that cellular phones cause cancer.

We have discussed this here from time to time. There is some tentative evidence
that holding a cell phone close to your head for hours a day causes harm. That
is an extreme thing to do. Most people do not do that, especially not not
nowadays, when they have these earphone things. There will not be many people
in the world who have done this, so there will not be much evidence.

My guess is that the heat from the cellphone may cause harm when you hold the
phone next to your skin for hours a day. A person might test my hypothesis by
taping a resistor next to the skin of a rat. You wouldn't want to test it on a
person!

As a general rule, you do not want to set up novel and fairly extreme
conditions that do not exist in nature, such as having a small, hot object next
to your skin for many hours a day. Along the same lines, don't eat large
amounts of recently invented fast food and sweeteners that your ancestors did
not eat. I doubt it is carcinogenic but it is likely to lead to obesity. Be
conservative when it comes to health.