It's NZT-48, not "MDT-48".
Perhaps, pharmacology will find a real version soon. See -

"Prospective Alzheimer's Drug Builds New Brain Cell Connections, Improves
Cognitive Function of Rats"

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/10/121011090653.htm

{{EXCERPT: Currently, the "gold standard" compound for creating neuronal
connections is brain-derived neurotrophic factor, or BDNF, a
growth-promoting protein associated with normal brain development and
learning. Autopsies of Alzheimer's patients have found lower levels of
BDNF in the brain.
In bench assays using living nerve cells to monitor new neuronal
connections, Harding, Wright, and their colleagues found Dihexa to be
seven orders of magnitude more powerful than BDNF, which has yet to be
effectively developed for therapeutic use. In other words, it would take
10 million times as much BDNF to get as much new synapse formation as
Dihexa.)

Other items, perhaps of interest to those who follow nootropics ---

"Stimulating the brain enhances mathematical ability"
http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/scienceshow/stimulating-the-brain-enhances-mathematical-ability/3810370
((EXCERPT: Mathematical skills can be doubled with electrical and magnetic
stimulation, and be retained for 6 months.))

"BDNF Prevents and Reverses Alzheimer’s Disease"
http://www.wellnessresources.com/health/articles/bdnf_prevents_and_reverses_alzheimers_disease/

"Blueberry-induced changes in spatial working memory correlate with
changes in hippocampal CREB phosphorylation and brain-derived neurotrophic
factor (BDNF) levels."
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18457678

"Dietary uridine enhances the improvement in learning and memory produced
by administering DHA to gerbils"

Probably, though, it is not in interest of the Powers-That-Be to see
cognition-enhancing drugs become too available - Maybe this is an idea for
a new script for the 'Limitless' writers?

-- Lou Pagnucco