Jouni Valkonen <jounivalko...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Indeed, lenr is no good for airplanes due to low power density and extreme
> cost of onboard power generators.

I do not think so. Cold fusion power density has sometimes been as high as
a fission reactor core, which is high enough for an aircraft engine.

Fission reactor airplane engines were developed in the 1950s. See chapter
18 of my book, and also:

http://www.aviation-history.com/articles/nuke-american.htm

Furthermore, you can make the cold fusion engine heavy and large, because
the mass of fuel is so small.

All plans for fission/LENR planes rely on assumption that the price of Jet
> fuel would increase, but this is silly assumption! Fuel/energy usually gets
> cheaper over time if we are looking longer trends.

Cold fusion will be orders of magnitude cheaper than jet fuel.