At 10:57 AM 1/3/2013, de Bivort Lawrence wrote:
Jojo again is entirely incorrect in these assertions.

Not quite so.

If a person says 1+1=2, and therefore X, is he "entirely incorrect"?

No. In fact, this kind of error can be the most pernicious, because it contains *elements* of truth. We have a very human tendency, if someone says "A and B and C," and especially if A and B are unexpected in some way, and we check and find that A and B are true -- or at least seem true at first glance -- to assume that C is also true. Maybe. Maybe not.

What Jojo has done here is to say A and B and therefore C, and when I point out that C does not follow from A and B, he then says "Liar. You are denying A and B." Even if I've explicitly acknowledged A and B, and incorporated them in my response.

Jojo's factual assertions are commonly flawed, he presents A and B in ways that emphasize particular interpretations. He does not stick to what the sources actually say (normally). It's particularly and peculiarly obvious. However, lots of readers will discount this and pay no attention to it. They are really interested in C, and they are being led by the nose to conclude C.

Only a few will fall for the line of thinking, but they can be quite damaged as a result. There is a birther who went to miltary prison because of the corrupt arguments, as a matter of conscience, he thought.